Up in the Air

As the plane made its approach
it seemed that the ground came up
at an angle,
and they could see the runway
directly ahead.
But the ground wasn't tilted;
the plane was,
for they were descending.

The pilot then turned to his companion,
and handed him the controls.
"As a special treat,"
said the pilot,
"I am going to give you
your first landing.
I know you can handle it.
Just maintain your descent,
and keep dropping your speed.
Relax. Breathe.
You've done this a dozen times before.
Just like flight simulator training."

The co-pilot sat up straight,
cocked his hat back,
sneered,
and thought to himself,
"Wrong, old man.
I've done this ten thousand times before.
Just like my PlayStation."



*Inspired by a Sky Pasada flight, 3 Feb 2012

Sting Lacson

A writer. By degree and by profession. Also strongly advocates ten-finger typing to all writers because that's what you do for a living, so be efficient at it.

No comments :

My Literary Side

"The Words come from the Divine; from the Muse the Idea. The Poet merely transcribes." ┼Old Sumerian proverb

(Kidding, I made that up. LOL)

Translate

Followers

Blog Archive