Cow and Heron


Cow was munching on some delicious green grass, when suddenly, a white bird landed beside him.

"'Ello!" said the white bird.

"Hello," said Cow.

"My name is 'Eron," said the bird. "What's your name?"

"Hello, Heron," he answered. "My name is Cow."

"'Ello, Cow!" said Heron. "I 'ave been flying for days. I feel tired and 'ungry. Is it all right to rest 'ere beside you?"

"It's okay," said Cow.

"What are you eating?" asked Heron.

"I am eating grass," answered Cow. "Do you want some?"

"I don't eat grass," said Heron sadly.

"How about mushrooms?" said Cow.

"I also don't eat mushrooms," said Heron.

"What do you eat?" asked Cow.

"I eat worms," said Heron. "And I also eat insects."

"When I pull on a tuft of grass," said Cow, "some worms and insects come out of the soil. You can eat them if you want."

"Cool!" said Heron.

As Cow munched on the grass, Heron ate the worms and insects that came out of the ground. They ate and ate until Heron was full.

"Thank you very much, Cow," said Heron. "'Ow can I repay you?"

"You're welcome," answered Cow. "No need to repay me."

"You are truly kind," said Heron. "Thank you very much. I 'ave to fly away now. Goodbye, Cow!"

"Goodbye, Heron!" said Cow.

Heron spread his wings and flew up into the sky. Cow watched as Heron disappeared, and then he went back to eating his grass.



*Conceived: Batanes, 5 Feb 2012

Sting Lacson

A writer. By degree and by profession. Also strongly advocates ten-finger typing to all writers because that's what you do for a living, so be efficient at it.

No comments :

My Literary Side

"The Words come from the Divine; from the Muse the Idea. The Poet merely transcribes." ┼Old Sumerian proverb

(Kidding, I made that up. LOL)

Translate

Followers

Blog Archive