(Dis)Like Father, Like Son

              “The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.”


In the name of the Father,
forgive me, my Son.
My sins have been pre-ordained
even before they were committed.
Polygamy is encoded in my DNA.
It is in yours, too;
you have my Y-chromosome.
Do not judge my faults and failures now,
for it is your destiny to repeat them.

Bless me father,
for I curse thee.
I’m Mama’s Boy through and through.
Your name is a burden to carry.
Your third first-born is counterfeit to me.
Monogamy is a choice
you decided not to use,
showing us your papier-mache backbone.
You left behind you a virus:
mutated my memories (of you)
from happiness to hatred.
Expect no wedding invitation
for you will never understand the logic behind
wearing only one ring in your hand.


              The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.
              But Washington apples are available in China.


*circa 23 January 2006

Sting Lacson

A writer. By degree and by profession. Also strongly advocates ten-finger typing to all writers because that's what you do for a living, so be efficient at it.

No comments :

My Literary Side

"The Words come from the Divine; from the Muse the Idea. The Poet merely transcribes." ┼Old Sumerian proverb

(Kidding, I made that up. LOL)

Translate

Followers

Blog Archive