The Queen of Heart(break)s, or What Have I Become After Twenty-Four Years

Many wonder what it's really like:
Am I as powerful as I think I am?
Reality bites with the jaws of a cobra.
I've also realized that I can bite harder.
End of discussion.

Angel, they say I am.
Nobody would say otherwise.
Generally, I am a pleasant ray of sunshine,
Enveloping everyone around me
Like a fog in a naval battle,
Intensifying the tension.

Charm is my secret weapon
And with it, I can bleed hearts dry.

Must I use my power for myself?
Endless possibilities open up
Right in front of me.

Zip my gown, curl my eyelashes,
And announce the coming of the Queen of Heart(break)s.

Twenty-four years on this planet --
Hardly even reached my prime.
Even so, I now hold two hearts in my hands.
Look what I can do to them.

Might just be my imagination, but
One heart seems to be more badly damaged.


*Birthday poem for AT 2008.

Sting Lacson

A writer. By degree and by profession. Also strongly advocates ten-finger typing to all writers because that's what you do for a living, so be efficient at it.

No comments :

My Literary Side

"The Words come from the Divine; from the Muse the Idea. The Poet merely transcribes." ┼Old Sumerian proverb

(Kidding, I made that up. LOL)

Translate

Followers