A Snake in the King's Garden

A snake (poisonous)
in my garden? Absurd!
Yet here it is in front of me.
But how did it get through
the castle walls?

It slithered through the grass
past the sentries
and bit the queen.
My Queen.

And now my Queen is lying down
in a delirious fit
muttering a name that is not mine.

It wasn't too late;
the poison has been sucked out.
Yet what am I to do with the snake?

"Sire, let's stab it with my spear,"
said the sentry.

"I could even crush its head
with the heel of my boot," said I.
"But it is not the snake's fault.
All it saw was a female human.
It never saw her as a queen with a crown."

I ordered the sentry to hurl the snake
over the castle walls.

"But what about the queen, sire?" asked he.
"She does not seem to be her usual self."

"She will come back," said I. "She will come back."

Sting Lacson

A writer. By degree and by profession. Also strongly advocates ten-finger typing to all writers because that's what you do for a living, so be efficient at it.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Ouch.

My Literary Side

"The Words come from the Divine; from the Muse the Idea. The Poet merely transcribes." ┼Old Sumerian proverb

(Kidding, I made that up. LOL)

Translate

Followers